2016 Overlord Memorial Cup (NRA Action Pistol Regional Championship)
and Cardinal Cup (VA State Action Pistol Championship) matches will
be held on September 17-18, 2016. Match programs and entry forms are
located in the Matches section on the left side of the home page
under “2016 Action Pistol Championships”.
prize table procedure will change this year from years past. Instead
of lowest score going first, we're changing to a random drawing of
all shooters to make it more equitable for all participants. There
will also be random drawings for cash envelopes that will involve the
volunteers as well as the competitors with over $2,000.00 in cash
over the 2 days.
are coming in already, and we have to limit the number of guns to 65
each day due to time constraints on the mover, so get in early! The
deadline for entries is August 27th to guarantee a Polo
shirt and/or towel from the matches. Last year we hit the limit and
had to turn away a few shooters, which was disappointing for us as
well as them.
already have commitments from California & Canada for this year,
and anticipate entries from about 8 more states. Prize tables will
be well above $12,000.00 over the 2 days combined.
The NSSF Rimfire Challenge match scheduled for June 27th is cancelled due to a 90-100% chance of rain in the forecast. We anticipate scheduling more of these later in the year, so check our calendar for the last Saturday of the month later.
We had several new shooters join us today to brave the heat. Thanks for coming out! Also, a few didn't turn in scores at the end of the match for whatever reason, so their scores are not included below.
We'll take a break from the monthly schedule next month to concentrate on the Regional & State Championship matches on 17-18 Sept. Less than 3 weeks left to get your entries in for those events and we ARE filling up faster than last year. Get your entries in soon if you plane to shoot with us in September. Monthly AP matches begin again in October & November on the first Saturday of each month.
Name 8-6-16 Practical Barricade Mover Plates Total
1. Kevin Angstadt 480-37x 480-43x 476-30x 480-48x 1916-158x
2. Greg Davis 474-28x 480-42x 474-31x 480-48x 1908-149x
3. Jon Stoehr 476-31x 480-36x 468-21x 480-48x 1904-136x
4. Andy Krantz 458-22x 480-40x 458-20x 480-48x 1876-130x
5. Chris Kennedy 450-36x 472-36x 454-17x 480-48x 1856-137x
Kevin Angstadt 480-48x
1. James Irving 395-11x 371-8x 406-7x 340-34x 1512-60x
2. James Brogan 330-9x 401-10x 417-9x 360-36x 1508-64x
3. Steve Kalinski 308-3x 306-2x 308-2x 280-28x 1202-35x
4. Bill Simpson 298-4x 212-4x 271-5x 230-23x 1011-36x
1. Kevin Hopkins 426-18x 447-19x 408-9x 430-43x 1711-83x
2. James Brogan 338-12x 379-10x 386-12x 340-34x 1443-68x