BRRC no longer hosts 3-Gun matches due to a lack of range personnel.
Entry forms for The Overlord Memorial Cup (Regional NRA Action Pistol Championship) and The Cardinal Cup (VA State NRA Action Pistol Championship) will be posted on the first of May. Match programs are already posted at the left of the Home Page under "2017 Action Pistol Championships". Entry forms will be in that same section.
A new "carport" is being installed at the back of the Mover range this month for shade & shelter from rain.
Two new Cowboy matches have been added to the schedule: March 25th and April 29th. These are Saturday events starting later in the day than the "first Sunday" matches already on the calendar.
The USMC Pistol Team will be visiting our range from March 28th through the 31st for Action Pistol practice, so the lower ranges will be in use and may be a bit crowded during that time frame. This will not affect the scheduled Skeet match on the 29th.
At least 4 of our members plan to participate in the Crawfish Cup Regional NRA Action Pistol Championship at Lake Charles, LA in April: Andy Krantz, Kevin Angstadt, Alan Strawn and Ben Boyette. That 2-day event is the largest Regional AP match in the country with many of the world's top shooters/past Bianchi Cup winners and international participants. Wish us luck!!
On the 3rd Saturday of each month, BRRC is holding a Rimfire Steel Match for Rimfire pistols and rifles. These matches consist of 3-5 courses of fire (cof) involving the use of rimfire guns on closeup and large targets. Fun for the whole family. The cof's involve shooting at steel targets from 10-35 yards. Each stage will involve shooting at the targets 5 times with the slowest time thrown out. The other 4 times added together will comprise your score. All categories of Rimfire rifles & pistols are allowed and compete separately. Ammo is available for sale @ ~.10 per round if you need ammo. Contact us for further info.
The Liberty Long Riders will be hosting Cowboy Action Shooting matches again this year on the first Sunday of the month from February through December, with the exception of September. Join the posse and come shoot with some of the top CAS shooters in the state!
Thanks to all who shot with us today!! Great turnout for the season opener. Some either forgot or chose not to turn in score cards. Consequently, their names and scores are missing from this list. We had a chilly start to the day, but it warmed up nicely by the time we were finished, around 2:00 P. M.
We'll do it again next month on April Fool's Day! Come out and shoot with us!
Name 3-4-17 Practical Barricade Mover Plates Total
1. Greg Davis 478-32x 480-45x 474-30x 480-48x 1912-155x
2. Kevin Angstadt 476-37x 480-48x 478-33x 470-47x 1904-165x
3. Andy Krantz 480-34x 480-39x 452-22x 480-48x 1892-143x
3. Jon Stoehr 476-31x 480-36x 468-21x 480-48x 1904-136x
4. Ben Boyette 471-34x 480-43x 454-17x 480-48x 1885-142x
5. Jon Stoehr 426-27x 480-44x 462-19x 480-48x 1848-138x
6. Chris Kennedy 456-24x 480-35x 456-22x 450-45x 1842-126x
1. James Irving 409-21x 400-12x 445-14x 360-36x 1614-83x
2. James Brogan 405-10x 387-12x 368-7x 410-41x 1570-70x
3. Steve Kalinski 336-7x 359-6x 379-7x 260-26x 1334-46x
4. Charlie Booth 331-5x 327-1x 393-9x 260-26x 1311-41x
5. John Hammock 329-9x 267-2x 290-6x 300-30x 1186-47x
1. Kevin Hopkins 449-14x 460-20x 444-14x 460-46x 1813-94x
2. James Brogan 374-10x 398-14x 391-11x 350-35x 1513-70x